Hover board fire damages house in New York

News
firetruck_191816

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – Hoverboards, the controversial devices that have caused a number of fires and injuries nationwide, are being blamed for a local fire.

Buffalo fire officials say a blaze broke out just before 6 p.m. at an occupied house on Doat Street.

$500 worth of damage was done to the 2.5 story house and its contents suffered $300 in damage.

Authorities say a hoverboard malfunctioned, causing the fire. No one was reported to be injured.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

news-app-download-apple-350x50news-app-download-android-350x50