NORTH TOPSAIL BEACH, N.C. (WNCT) - Residents, property owner and contractors with proper passes will be allowed to return to North Topsail Beach starting from today at 9 a.m.
Town officials said there are still some restrictions.
The restrictions are in place to best protect life and property within the town limits of North Topsail Beach.
They include, but are not necessarily limited to the following rules:
- The curfew will change to allow citizens to travel to and from their property from the hours of 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Outside of these hours, those on the island must be on their own property.
- Road blockages: Your vehicle cannot block state, town or private roads; it must be parked on your property.
- The town assessments are not complete. Those who enter North Topsail Beach do so at their own risk.
- If you decide to reenter, you need to know:
- Water, electricity, and sewer have been restored in some areas.
- Driving conditions throughout the entire Town are extremely hazardous due to nails and other storm debris.
- Emergency Services may be hampered due to road hazards, water supply and otherwise dangerous conditions created by this storm event.
- Wildlife, such as snakes and alligators, may have an increased presence in our Town due to the disturbance in their habitat.