LITTLETON, N.C. (WNCN) - The North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation said Monday the agency is now looking into the deaths of three who were found dead over the weekend in a Halifax County home.
The SBI on Monday also announced the names and ages of the three dead residents of Littleton, which is near Lake Gaston.
Charles Davis, 76, Gladys Marie Davis, 75, and Antonio Allen Mills, 41, were all found Saturday in the home at 101 Kirkland Street, according to a news release from Patty McQuillan, spokeswoman for the SBI.
A relative who was at the scene Saturday told CBS 17 that the Davis couple was married and that Mills was their grandson.
The woman, who said she was a niece of the couple, said police told her they believed the three had been dead for several days.
Police made the discovery Saturday morning after family and neighbors called law enforcement to check on their welfare, McQuillan said.
Joe Price, the neighbor who called 911 on Saturday, talked about the family.
"Charles was one of the best guys you could ever meet, as far as being a neighbor he’d do everything in the world he could do to help him," Price said. "I’ve never seen anything around here happen like this since I’ve been here 36 years."
Halifax County deputies initially responded to the call, but Littleton police are investigating the incident along with the SBI.
If anyone has information about the deaths, they should call the Littleton Police Department at 252-586-3413.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CHILD PLAYING WITH LIGHTER IGNITES DURHAM HOUSE FIRE
- FATHER AND SON DEAD AFTER 'SUSPICIOUS FIRE,' JOHNSTON COUNTY OFFICIALS SAY
- WOMEN FACE CHARGES FOR MAILING DRUGS HIDDEN IN LETTERS TO NC INMATE
- WILD HORSE AT OUTER BANKS HIT AND KILLED BY CAR
- 3 FOUND DEAD IN HOME NEAR LAKE GASTON IN HALIFAX COUNTY
Group arranges shoes in Raleigh to...
Nash County officer honored after...
- Group arranges shoes in Raleigh to remember 1,412 people killed on NC roads last year
- Nash County officer honored after diving into pond to rescue woman trapped in car
- Woman killed in Pitt Co. car crash, driver charged troopers say
- What does it mean to seek asylum? Local attorney explains