COLUMBIA, S.C. (WBTW) — South Carolina U.S. Attorney Peter McCoy said Wednesday anyone who traveled from South Carolina to commit destruction at the U.S. Capitol will be prosecuted.
McCoy said federal crimes were committed and will be prosecuted.
“Let me be perfectly clear: Federal crimes were violated today at our Nation’s Capitol building,” McCoy said. “Anyone who traveled from the District of South Carolina with the intent to aid this travesty or commit acts of destruction will be prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office of South Carolina.”
- Juvenile robbery suspects captured after crashing into train
- Authorities recover body of woman swept away by Oregon landslide
- Lafayette teen recounts attempt on his life during Grindr date
- DuPont, Chemours reach agreement over ‘forever chemicals’
- Travelers at RDU speak out as face masks now required at airports, on planes