like most Americans, you’re probably planning on having a hot dog on Independence Day.
Over the July 4th holiday, Americans will consume more than 150 million hot dogs, according to the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council. While firing up the grill for franks is a no-brainer, have you given any thought to your toppings?
JJ’s Red Hots, a North Carolina restaurant known for its famous hot dogs, has released its annual list of the top 10 hot dog toppings. The results are based on six years of the brand’s sales data and 1 million hot dogs served. Check out the top 10 toppings below and let us know how your toppings stack up:
1. Mustard (still number 1 for the fifth year in a row)
3. Relish (up from number 5 in 2017)
4. Sauerkraut (up two spots and always a crowd favorite)
7. Bacon (up two spots from last year)
8. Tomatoes (first year making the cut)
9. Salsa (a new — and unexpected — addition)