CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – The Charlotte Fire Department is mourning the loss of an employee who was tragically killed in a motor vehicle accident, officials said on Tuesday.
Firefighter Patric Saunders, who was with the Engine 21 B Division, died in an accident on Monday, Jan. 4, near Hamlet, North Carolina.
Saunders was off-duty when the accident occurred, Charlotte Fire said. He joined the ranks of the Charlotte Fire Department in October 2015.
CFD released a statement on Tuesday:
“The fire service mourns the loss of a devoted and beloved member. Please keep the family, friends, and department members in your thoughts and prayers.”
Latest headlines from FOX 46
- Nationwide terrorism threat issued linked to ‘racial and ethnic tensions’ over immigration
- Kansas City woman using TikTok to rate Chiefs players’ swagger, fashion
- Gov. Cooper to continue stay-at-home order through February; eviction moratorium, mixed drinks to-go order extended
- How to get the COVID-19 vaccine from Walgreens
- North Carolina man hits 2 deer with new car, then hits $2 million in the lottery