RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh’s unofficial mayor is retiring.
Tucker is better known as the Oak City Kitty. He will take his last stroll down Fayetteville Street next week.
His retirement was announced on Instagram, where he has more than 10,000 followers. The 22-year-old, 25-pound cat rose to fame for walking around downtown Raleigh as a means of weight loss. His sarcastic and snarky posts helped, too.
His owner said the family plans on moving and it’s time to step away from the social media spotlight.
“He already hates his neighbors, hates the house, and hasn’t seen any of it,” owner Ron Kirk said.
Kirk said Tucker may occasionally pop up on Instagram. And, since Tucker is a rescue, Kirk wanted to remind people to adopt, not shop.
- UNC squanders double-digit lead in 6th straight loss, 77-76, at Notre Dame
- Racing world takes to social media reacting to Ryan Newman crash at Daytona 500
- Police looking for missing man in Elizabeth City
- Denny Hamlin wins 3rd Daytona 500 in photo finish
- PHOTOS: Driver Ryan Newman hospitalized after horrific wreck at Daytona