MORGANTON, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – A 26-year-old woman was arrested Wednesday after allegations of sexual abuse with a child in foster care, according to the Burke County Sheriff’s Office.
Authorities said Mary Caroline Brown was arrested without incident and charged with felony sex act by substitute parent. She was issued a $100,000 bond.
The Sheriff’s Office said it received a report on Monday from the NC Department of Health and Human Services-Child Protection Services with allegations of the crime, prompting the investigation.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX 46 CHARLOTTE
- CMPD, city advocates working to improve safety for areas surrounding Tent City
- NC hospitals urged to ‘ramp up’ injections over fears feds will reduce vaccine supply
- Winston-Salem police start homicide investigation after body found, identified as man reported missing in November
- Looking for a different taste? There’s a soda that’s made in North Carolina
- Raleigh lawyer struggling with heart damage months after COVID-19 infection