RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCT) The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services announced it has upgraded the mobile-friendly ePASS website to include a Spanish language option.
The enhancement to the state’s online application portal for Medicaid and Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) provides access to program information in Spanish, as well as the ability to complete the application process online in Spanish, which was previously only possible using a paper form.
“Removing language barriers helps meet the needs of a wider population while continuing to support the practice of social distancing measures,” said NCDHHS Deputy Secretary for NC Medicaid Dave Richard. “The entire application process can be accomplished from the safety and convenience of the home.”
Additional ePASS features that were updated in June 2020 include:
- More efficient application processing for Medicaid applications
- Improved look and feel making navigation easier on multiple device types
- Fewer questions included in the application
- Applicants only answer questions applicable to them
- Personalized dashboards with important account information and notifications
- Guidance throughout the site based on frequently asked questions
- Ability to attach documents easily
- Links to relevant program information
- Links to paper applications and voter registration