RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – PNC Arena is changing up what kind of bags guests will be allowed to bring into the facility.
Beginning September 18, guests will only be allowed to bring in a clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bag that doesn’t exceed 12” x 6” x 12” in size.
One-gallon clear freezer bags and small clutch purses no larger than 4.5” x 6.5” are also permitted.
“The clear bag policy is an additional security measure that complements our standards for safety and security at PNC Arena,” said Don Waddell, president of the Carolina Hurricanes. “The new guidelines support a safer environment and allows us to enhance the efficiency of entry for guests.”
Exceptions to the new policy are medically necessary items like diaper bags. Those bags will undergo a thorough inspection.
A child must accompany the diaper bag.
Guests will be allowed to take bags back to their vehicle if they are not allowed to bring them into the arena.
Walk-through metal detectors and K-9s will still be on location to aid in security.
- ‘Black Votes Matter’ aims to educate people in Pitt County on their voting rights
- Raleigh mayor imposes curfew ahead of Saturday night protests
- Suit challenges NC’s strict liability law on felons voting
- Stimulus checks: GOP, Democrats agree to restart relief talks
- Hispanic Heritage: Family band takes music to Facebook Live amid pandemic