CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – Three men have been charged for their involvement in the shooting of a 9-year-old girl that took place on Wednesday, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police said.
Anthony Smith, 21, Tariq Miller, 23, and Shiodon Shipp, 23, were charged with four counts of dispatching a firearm into occupied property, five counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury and felony conspiracy.
The young girl was shot in the hip and suffered serious injuries on the 900 block of Davenport Street but her grandfather later said she was recovering and “doing well” after undergoing surgery following the incident.
CMPD attempted to pull over the three charged men in a traffic stop this week and a pursuit ensued that would end in the suspects being detained.
The home where the shooting occurred was occupied by five other people whose ages ranged from 6 to 84, authorities said.
More headlines from FOX 46
- District Attorney announces no charges after Onslow County sheriff hits fire hydrant
- Third-degree murder count against ex-officer in Floyd death could be reinstated
- JPD investigating Friday morning fatal crash
- AP source: Blake Griffin, Detroit Pistons agree to buyout
- Washington releases Comeback Player of the Year Alex Smith