GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) WNCT brings you the latest on shelters across eastern North Carolina.
Click here for a list of pet-friendly hotels across Eastern N.C., provided by Pitt County Animal Services.
- Washington High School Thursday at 8 a.m. Pets, other than registered service animals, are not allowed, but pets can be checked-in at the Beaufort County Animal Shelter. For details on transportation call Beaufort Area Transit System (BATS) at 252-946-5778. (special needs only)
- A general shelter that is pet-friendly will be located at Newport Middle School and will open on Wednesday at 5:00 p.m.
- Creekside Elementary School
- Ben D. Quinn Elementary School (Pet-friendly)
- Farm Life Elementary School
- Havelock High School.
- For free transportation to Craven County shelters call Craven County Emergency Operations at 252-636-6608.
- Four shelters will open Wednesday at 5:00 PM:
- Wallace-Rose Hill High School
- Beulaville Elementary School
- North Duplin Elementary School
- James Kenan High School (Pet-friendly location). Space for pets is limited. Pets will be housed indoors but in a separate location from shelter occupants. Pets are not allowed to stay with owners in the human housing area.
Greene Central High School, Thursday at 2:00 p.m. (Pet-friendly)
Jones County Civic Center, 832 N.C. Hwy 58, Trenton (Opens Wednesday, Pet-friendly)
- Lenoir Community College Thursday at 7 a.m.
- A pet-friendly shelter will open on Wednesday at 8:00 p.m. at the Johnson Building at Pamlico Community College, located at 5049 NC Hwy. 306 South. Animals will be housed in a separate building from the main shelter, and they will be supervised by Pamlico County Animal Control officials.
- Five General Population Shelters (no pets allowed, except service animals) will open on Wednesday at 5:00 p.m.
- Ayden Middle School
- E.B. Aycock Middle School
- Farmville Middle School
- Hope Middle School
- Wellcome Middle School
- Five shelters will open on Wednesday at 5:00 PM
- Clinton High School
- Union High School
- Hobbton High School
- Midway High School
- Lakewood High School
- Jones County Civic Shelter at 832 Highway 58 South in Trenton Transportation will be available from Davis Chapel Misson Baptist Church, Maysville Elementary School, Pollocksville Elementary School, Comfort Elementary School, and Pilgrim Home Church.
- Kermit E. White Center on Weeksville Road Thursday at 8 a.m.
- Will open three storm shelters Thursday noon.
- Bertie High School (pet-friendly) at 715 U.S. Highway 13 North in Windsor
- West Bertie Elementary at 3734 Governors Road in Kelford
- Colerain Elementary at 202 North Academy Street in Colerain.
- Topsail Elementary (go to the rear of the school where the gymnasium is located)
- Malpass Corner Elementary
- Cape Fear Middle School (pet-friendly)
- Northampton County Cultural and Wellness Center at 9536 N.C. Highway 305 in Jackson (pet-friendly)
- Swansboro High School, 161 Queens Creek Road
- Scotland Neck at the Hattie Staton Senior Center at 1403 Church Street