NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (WIVB) — A woman is in critical but stable condition after being struck by a vehicle in Niagara Falls.
Police in the city say a 44-year-old resident was headed east on Niagara Avenue when he hit the 26-year-old woman with his vehicle. It happened on Sunday night around 6:20 p.m.
At the time she was struck, authorities say the woman was lying in the road.
The man and the police officer driving behind him immediately stopped to help the woman.
She was taken to ECMC after suffering two broken arms, fractured ribs, and facial and head injuries.
According to officials, the driver was uninjured and is cooperating with the investigation.
- Orange County struggles to find home for wolf-dog hybrids
- Gov. Cooper tours NCDOT facility as preparations are made for 3rd straight weekend with snow
- Companies in NC soon won’t have to pay any state income tax. Here’s why you should care about that
- DNA identifies Denver murder suspect who died in 1981
- Rep. Madison Cawthorn pays delinquent tax bill after Queen City News questions why it was late