BELVOIR, N.C. (WNCT) — A Greenville man has been arrested and is facing multiple charges after a short chase with two children inside the vehicle.
A vehicle driven by Letterious Jamal Moore, 35, of Greenville, was spotted by Pitt County Sheriff’s deputies driving recklessly in the Belvoir area just after midnight on Saturday. A short chase followed before the vehicle stopped at a home. Moroe was taken into custody without incident.
A search of the vehicle led to the discovery of the two children. Deputies also found a suitcase containing marijuana. Additional drugs were also found on Moore. He was already out on bond for pending drug charges.
He was booked into the Pitt County Detention Center under a $2 million secured bond and charged with the following:
- Felony flee to elude arrest
- Trafficking opium/heroin
- Possession with intent to sell/deliver cocaine
- Possession with intent to sell/deliver marijuana
- Misdemeanor child abuse (two counts)
- Driving while license revoked
- Reckless driving to endanger