GRIFTON, N.C. (WNCT) — A Kinston man has been arrested and is facing felony charges of kidnapping and rape of a child who is under age 15.
James Giovanni Graham of 316 S. Davis St. in Kinston was arrested by Grifton police and charged with the following:
- Three counts of statutory rape of a child under 15 years old (felony)
- Three counts of first-degree kidnapping (felony)
- Three counts of taking indecent liberties with a child (felony)
- Three counts of solicitation of child by computer or other electronic device (felony)
- Three counts of sell or deliver controlled substance to a minor (felony)
Officials with the Grifton Police Department conducted an investigation after receiving information that Graham was traveling to Grifton and soliciting a sexual relationship with a child under age 15. With assistance from the NC State Bureau of Investigation and the Kinston Police Department, Graham was arrested and taken into custody on Tuesday.