JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) — Detectives with the Onslow County Special Victims Unit concluded a domestic violence-related investigation that led to the arrest of a suspect.
A media release from the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office said the incident occurred on May 15. The victim was taken to Naval Medical Center Camp Lejeune with serious injuries. After a few days in the hospital, the victims reported that Brian Phillips Clark strangled her after a verbal altercation.
The victim said after Clark grabbed her, he hit her head on the ground and strangled her. He then grabbed her phone to make sure she didn’t call for help before leaving the scene. Deputies were called by a third party, who came and gave aid until EMS arrived.
Clark was arrested on May 26, where he was charged with:
- Felony Common Law – Attempted First-Degree Murder
- Felony 14-32.4 – Assault inflicting serious bodily injury
- Felony 14-32.4(b) – Assault by Strangulation
- Felony 14-87.1 – Common Law robbery
- Misdemeanor 14-33(c)(2) – Assault on a female
- Misdemeanor 14-286.2 – Interfere with Emergency Communication
He was given a $150,000 secured bond. Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Det. E. DeCarolis at 910-455-3113 or Crime Stoppers at 910-938-3273.