TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) – True freshman Jeff Sims, who was once a Florida State commitment, threw for 277 yards and a touchdown as Georgia Tech defeated the Seminoles 16-13.
Sims completed 24 of 35 passes and had two costly interceptions but the Jacksonville, Florida, native also ran for 64 yards and helped guide Georgia Tech to the season-opening win.
Jordan Mason also ran 14 times for 55 yards, including a 19-yard touchdown run.
James Blackman completed 23 of 43 passes for 198 yards but he was largely ineffective after the Seminoles scored a touchdown and a field goal on their first two drives.
- NC State earns upset win at No. 15 Virginia, handing Cavaliers 3rd loss in arow
- Hamlin slaps down speculation over JGR’s youth movement
- After sluggish start, Pirates race past Camels, 20-8
- Former aide says New York governor kissed her, suggested strip poker
- President Biden signs executive order, with bipartisan support, to bolster US supply chains