MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (AP) – D’Eriq King threw four touchdown passes and No. 13 Miami beat Pittsburgh 31-19.
Will Mallory caught two of King’s scoring passes as the Hurricanes bounced back from a 42-17 loss at top-ranked Clemson last week.
The Panthers lost their third straight and were without senior quarterback Kenny Pickett, who suffered an ankle injury against Boston College last week.
Pickett leads the nation with 1,389 passing yards but didn’t travel with the team to South Florida.
Redshirt freshman Joey Yellen replaced Pickett, completing 22 of 46 passes for 277 yards and a touchdown.
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Man leaves $3,000 tip for a single beer as Cleveland restaurant closes for virus
- Hooked: Two college freshmen ditch school, go on nationwide fishing trip
- Multimillion-dollar amusement park breaks ground in Myrtle Beach, expected to bring 100 jobs
- Louisiana mother donates her kidney to save her 7-year-old son