MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (AP) – D’Eriq King threw four touchdown passes and No. 13 Miami beat Pittsburgh 31-19.
Will Mallory caught two of King’s scoring passes as the Hurricanes bounced back from a 42-17 loss at top-ranked Clemson last week.
The Panthers lost their third straight and were without senior quarterback Kenny Pickett, who suffered an ankle injury against Boston College last week.
Pickett leads the nation with 1,389 passing yards but didn’t travel with the team to South Florida.
Redshirt freshman Joey Yellen replaced Pickett, completing 22 of 46 passes for 277 yards and a touchdown.
- 1st suspect to plead guilty in Capitol riot is heavy metal guitarist
- North Carolina unemployment drops to 5.2% in March
- Lenoir County among best, Edgecombe County among worst for COVID-19 cases in new NCDHHS map
- WNCT Now Afternoon: NC health leaders say we could be back to normal by July
- Dream Team: Olympic shot put hopeful coached by wife