BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) – Hendon Hooker ran for a career-high 164 yards and three touchdowns and threw for a score in No. 23 Virginia Tech’s 40-14 victory over Boston College on Saturday night.
Khalil Herbert added 143 yards rushing for the Hokies.
Virginia Tech improved to 3-1 overall and in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
The Hokies chalked up 350 yards on the ground while bouncing back from a road loss to North Carolina.
The Eagles are 3-2 overall and 2-2 in the ACC.
- Why 1 murder count against Chauvin may not stick
- Timeline: Key events since George Floyd’s arrest and death
- Gov. Cooper signs bill that allows capital project at Tryon Palace
- These three games lead the way in Game Developers Choice Awards Nominations
- Online Originals: NC teachers say average salary doesn’t reflect what they’re seeing