The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- Jury reaches verdict in Derek Chauvin trial
- Chihuahua may reinstate restrictions amid major COVID-19 spike, rising hospitalization rates
- Durham violence: Deadly shootings nearly doubled in 2021 compared to this point in 2020
- 4/20 deals to satisfy your munchies
- These are the new Apple products revealed Tuesday