BOSTON (AP) – Derryck Thornton had 22 points, five rebounds and five assists, Jay Heath scored 16 points, and Boston College held off a second-half surge from North Carolina State in a 71-68 win.
Nik Popovic added 14 points and eight rebounds and Jairus Hamilton scored 11 for Boston College, which has won four of its last seven.
The Eagles have not won back-to-back games since a season-high four-game win streak Dec. 7 to 21.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Man leaves $3,000 tip for a single beer as Cleveland restaurant closes for virus
- Hooked: Two college freshmen ditch school, go on nationwide fishing trip
- Multimillion-dollar amusement park breaks ground in Myrtle Beach, expected to bring 100 jobs
- Louisiana mother donates her kidney to save her 7-year-old son