CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WNCN) – Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton will miss his second game in a row Sunday at Houston, according to an announcement from the team.
The same foot injury that kept him out of a Week 3 win, 38-20, in Arizona will keep him sidelined in Week 4.
“What Cam needs right now is time and rest for his foot. We want him at 100 percent when he’s ready, so there’s no exact timetable for his return,” head coach Ron Rivera said. “At this point, we’re going to go forward with Kyle (Allen) as our starter.”
Allen was 19-for-26 with 261 passing yards and four touchdowns in the win over the Cardinals. It was his second win in as many starts.
He quarterbacked the Panthers to a 33-14 win in New Orleans at the end of the 2018 campaign.
- New ECU poll shows Biden lead in NC, tight races statewide
- Sen. Perry, Mayor Hardy announce funding for flash flood study
- WNCT NOW Digital News Update 10/20/2020 – Early Afternoon
- NCDHHS adds new data to NC COVID-19 dashboard
- Shaw, St. Aug among nearly 100 NC colleges, universities waiving application fees