CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) — Isaiah Wong scored 18 points, including a key 3-pointer in overtime, and the Miami Hurricanes made all six free throws in the extra period to beat Syracuse 69-65.
The Hurricanes saved their best shooting for overtime, when they went 3 for 6.
They shot 37 percent for the game and went 10 for 31 from beyond the arc.
Syracuse forward Elijah Hughes, the leading scorer in the Atlantic Coast Conference, took a blow to the head and sat out after halftime.
He played all 20 minutes in the first half and scored eight points.
Miami broke a three-game losing streak.
- Cuban asylum-seeker shot dead on Juarez strip days shy of being allowed to enter U.S.
- Suspect in bakery burglary arrested after owners print thief’s pic on cookies
- Woman allegedly dragged 2 kids from car into pond after driving wrong way on I-20 in South Carolina, deputies say
- $52,000 fine proposed for Delta Air Lines passenger who struck flight attendant
- Biden tours Ford Rouge Electric Vehicle Center, says future of America is electric cars