RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – Reserve forward Jericole Hellems scored 16 points and sparked a second-half comeback to give N.C. State’s NCAA Tournament hopes a boost in a 77-73 win over Pittsburgh.
With N.C. State trailing 58-51, Hellems scored nine points in three minutes, including a 3-pointer from the baseline with 6:53 remaining that gave the Wolfpack its first lead of the game.
Pitt briefly regained the lead with two Eric Hamilton free throws, but the Wolfpack scored the next eight points to grab a seven-point lead and held on to win.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Couple: Man has tossed used cups in their yard for 3 years
- Luke Bryan wins top ACM Award, but female acts own the night
- Arrests made after downtown Raleigh march declared ‘unlawful assembly’ by police; damage seen, roads blocked
- Community gathers to remember girl who was killed in Dunn crash involving DWI suspect
- Woman injured after carjacker steals truck with her inside; crashes vehicle at Raleigh mall, police say