GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) — Week 4 of the high school football season Friday night had a little bit of everything.
J.H. Rose and D.H. Conley picked up their first wins on Friday while New Bern won in a thriller. Havelock, Jacksonville and Kinston also remained unbeaten among the top teams in the Touchdown Friday Top 9.
Below are Friday’s scores. Full highlights on Touchdown Friday at 11:05 p.m.
Northside-Pinetown 46, South Creek 0
White Oak 48, Manteo 0
North Duplin 55, Lejeune 0
Jacksonville 48, West Carteret 7
J.H. Rose 50, Southwest Onslow 12
Tarboro 41, SouthWest Edgecombe 13
Bethel Christian 54, Lawrence Academy 14
North Lenoir 44, Southern Wayne 24
Havelock 27, West Craven 14
East Duplin 34, Croatan 7
Northwest Collegiate 36, Bear Grass Charter 20
New Bern 29, Maury, Va. 27
Greene Central 26, Eastern Wayne 20
Lake Taylor, Va. 53, Currituck 35
Kinston 34, Pamlico County 0
Camden County 42, Jones Senior 0
Clinton 47, Northside-Jacksonville 14
First Flight 29, Bertie 12
D.H. Conley 34, Northern Nash 32
Cleveland 69, South Central 6
Norview, Va. 28, Edenton 22, OT
Parrott Academy 57, Cary Christian 40
North Myrtle Beach (SC) 49, Wallace-Rose Hill 35
Washington County 38, Southeast Collegiate 28
Columbia at Northeast Academy, canceled
Rocky Mount Prep at Perquimans, canceled
Southside at Riverside, ppd COVID-19
Richlands at South Lenoir, ppd. COVID-19
Wallace-Rose Hill at Pender County, ppd. COVID-19
Beddingfield at Ayden-Grifton, ppd. COVID-19
James Kenan at Ayden-Grifton, canceled, COVID-19
Swansboro 41, Farmville Central 38
GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) — We’re through three weeks of the high school football schedule and it’s beginning to look a lot like spring.
True, it will be fall in a couple of weeks. When we mean spring, we refer to the number of make-up games and ones moved from the traditional Friday night. Plus, there are the coronavirus games being postponed or canceled.
This week, currently, we have several games not being played on Friday.
- Dixon originally was going to Trask this Friday. Then the game was moved to Saturday. Now, it’s moved to Sept. 21 because Dixon doesn’t have enough healthy players to play this week.
- Swansboro at Farmville Central has been moved to Monday
- With South Central out of COVID-19 protocol later this week, Washington and South Central are scheduled to make up their game on Sept. 14.
- North Duplin will play Friday at Lejeune but no fans will be allowed on the Camp Lejeune base for security reasons.
- Wallace-Rose Hill’s game at Pender County, scheduled for Friday at 7:30 p.m., is now off due to COVID-19 within Pender County’s team. Wednesday, the school tweeted it was heading to North Myrtle Beach, a school that has had all sorts of troubles on its own finding opponents.
- South Lenoir’s game vs. Richlands has been postponed due to COVID-19.
- Southside won’t play at Riverside on Friday due to lingering COVID-19 effects in Williamston. The two teams will try to play later this season, Riverside announced on Wednesday.
- Washington announced on Twitter that its game Friday with Northampton County and Tuesday with South Central will not be played. The team is currently working to find an opponent for next Friday.
- Ayden-Grifton announced on Twitter Friday’s game with James Kenan has been canceled and will not be made up.