SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) – Freshman guard Cole Anthony scored 25 points, hitting a season-high seven 3-pointers, Garrison Brooks added 26 points and a career-high 14 rebounds, and North Carolina beat Syracuse 92-79.
Anthony led a second-half barrage from behind the arc as the Tar Heels hit 8 of 10 from behind the arc in the first 12 minutes to break open a close game.
Bourama Sidibe had 17 points and 15 rebounds and Buddy Boeheim had 22 points for the Orange, who had won two straight.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Myrtle Beach SkyWheel on its way home, road closure ahead
- CDC confirms it’s investigating Virginia woman’s death as part of probe into rare J&J vaccine side effects
- Murphy leads letter to Fauci urging him to express concern over ‘health crisis at southern border’
- NC House presses again for local school calendar control
- Kuzma nets 24, lifts Lakers past short-handed Hornets 101-93