ATLANTA (AP) – Jay Huff and Mamadi Diakite scored 17 points apiece as defending national champion Virginia snapped a three-game losing streak with a 63-58 win over Georgia Tech.
The Cavaliers finally regained their winning touch after dropping out of The Associated Press ranking for the first time since November 2017.
Virginia led by as many as 14 in the second half, and held on after Yellow Jackets ripped off a 9-0 run to make a game of it.
Georgia Tech lost its fourth straight home game despite 20 points from Jose Alvarado.
The Yellow Jackets haven’t won at McCamish Pavilion since Dec. 4.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Jones County launches weekly food box giveaway
- All border wall construction projects must stop by Wednesday, contractors are told
- President Biden says 100-day goal on vaccinations may rise to 150 million instead of 100 million
- Popular McDonald’s item returns to menus
- NC LatinX COVID-19 task force looks to reach, educate minority communities on COVID vaccine