NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A chief petty officer onboard the USS Jason Dunham died after being struck by a forklift on Pier 14 at Naval Station Norfolk Friday morning.
On Saturday, the U.S. Navy identified the Sailor as Chief Petty Officer Adam M. Foti.
Navy officials say the incident happened around 11 a.m.
NAVSTA Fire and Emergency Services responded and the Chief Petty Officer was transported to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.
Shortly after arrival to SNGH, the Chief Petty Officer was pronounced deceased at 11:34 a.m.
No further information is available at this time.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Chief Petty Officer Adam M.
Foti,” the Navy said.
This is a breaking news story.
- Stimulus stalled: Senate working against ticking clock to try and pass coronavirus relief package
- As Senate weighs COVID-19 relief, AP reports White House tried to control CDC pandemic messaging
- Online Originals: New Bern Grant will assist non-profits in the area
- Time running out to reach COVID-19 relief deal before election
- DOJ files antitrust lawsuit against Google