Greenville Fire/Rescue crews continue to investigate Saturday night house fire

Uncategorized

GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) – Greenville Fire/Rescue and the Town of Winterville Fire Department responded to a structure fire Saturday on the 300 block of Bremerton Drive.

Crews got to the scene just before 7 Saturday night. Upon arrival, heavy smoke and flames were coming from the house. About 30 firefighters responded to the call. It took about 45 minutes to get the flames under control.

Investigators with Greenville Fire/Rescue examined the scene and determined the fire originated in the garage and was caused by an electrical issue with a golf cart. The fire has been ruled accidental.

9 On Your Side’s David Sawyer was on the scene. People in the area said they heard two explosions.

Greenville Fire/Rescue wants to remind everyone to be sure to have working smoke alarms and to contact the fire department if assistance is needed.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

LKQD Outstream

Trending Stories

news-app-download-apple-350x50news-app-download-android-350x50