CHICAGO — After pummeling the Plains, a snow-producing system takes aim at the Northeast with more likely on the way.
WGN’s Chip Brewster and PHL17 meteorologist Mike Masco took a look at winter weather in the near-term forecast and long-range outlook. Though the current system is mostly missing Chicago, models are showing a strong chance of snow Sunday night. What’s more, a pattern shift is taking place on a continental level which looks to create conditions for multiple snowstorm chances in the next month or two.
Watching Winter Live streams each Thursday at 11:45 a.m. ET / 10:45 a.m. CT.
This week’s topics included:
- A recap of what’s been happening on the West Coast
- The current snowstorm moving through the Midwest
- Snow in store for the Northeast and snow drought records
- The latest weather trend predictions for 8+ days out
- Sudden Stratospheric Warming – what is it and how does it impact the U.S.
The second half of the live show is devoted to your comments and questions. Use the form below to send them in at any time and we’ll do our best to include them in the discussion.